The Schmitt Foundation has a long and distinguished history of supporting health care, higher education, human services, medical research, and performing arts initiatives that improve the quality of life for individuals in the Greater Rochester area, and indeed, the world over.
What We Fund
Among many other things
We Have Supported
- the University of Rochester’s Schmitt Program on Integrative Neuroscience, which emphasizes interdisciplinary and collaborative approaches to novel and creative research and training that uniquely exploit talents from multiple laboratories across traditional institutional boundaries
- Rochester Institute of Technology’s Kilian J. and Caroline F. Schmitt Interfaith Center.
- The Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra
- WXXI’s annual Vienna Philharmonic New Year’s Concert
- Nazareth College’s Golisano Training Center
- The Strong Museum of Play
The Foundation does not fund operating expenses. Grants are considered only for organizations within the Greater Rochester area (Monroe, Ontario, Wayne and Genesee counties), and which are tax exempt under Sec. 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or the equivalent, and are not classified as private foundations.